Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Infertility - Day 6

Dr.'s office called today... it's not good news.

My tests all returned normal. Pap - normal. Thyroid(Free T4 and TSH) - normal. Hemoglobin - normal. Both doctors felt the HSG looked good and both tubes are now clear.

My darling husband, on the other hand, is a different story. The first SA was submitted last Friday. We have major problems in this department. Motility, progression and count were all way below normal - with "count" being the most below normal. He has one more SA to submit. In August he will meet with a urologist.

Our first infertility consult isn't until mid-September. Depending on the results of the next SA, we may need to have a conversation about whether to proceed, or not. Each consult, with our particular doctor is $300. Yikes! Part of me feels like I would rather spend $300/hour on a lawyer/social service that will help us adopt.

In the meantime I'm still frustrated, angry and now feel a great sense of loss. I feel torn between wanting to have the experience of being pregnant, and realizing that I am not willing to go broke over this and possibly end up with nothing but more heartache.

Anyway. That's the news for now. Will continue to look for the silver lining - I'm sure it's there.

2 comments:

  1. I can't imagine what it's like to go through all this, but I'm praying for you! God will provide the right answer to you, and I know you'll be blessed no matter what!
    --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire you for sharing all this, and hope it is indeed therapeutic for you. You and Stan are in our constant prayers. I love you bunches and am sending you lots of love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete