Thursday, July 15, 2010

The Infertility - Day 1

No phone call from the doctor's office today. This might just be worse than waiting for a guy to call the next day after a good date! At least this time the person on the other end of the phone can't say, "It's not you, it's me."

I have had a great time recalling just how ridiculous yesterday's procedure was to a couple of friends. I can't imagine that God ever intended those things to go UP there - but alas, up they did go. At least the Radiologist seemed optimistic.

Several of my girl friends have tried to reassure me these last couple of days. It seems, these days, difficulties in getting pregnant are the norm rather than the exception. I'm still trying to figure out how that's supposed to make me feel better. "Don't pay any attention to numbers and statistics, " they say. Except the rational, or perhaps cynical, part of me says, "but those numbers reflect NORMAL people! Clearly I am not normal!" At least this doesn't feel normal.

What ever happened to the days when the condom stretched over the banana put the fear of God so deep into your soul you were absolutely convinced, should it ever come off, you'd instantly become pregnant?! Shoot... if I knew this was how it was going to go, perhaps I would have considered having a bit more fun in college (or even high school!) (Just kidding, mom!)

Anyway. As the day closes I'm clinging to the small hope that tomorrow will bring even just a glimmer of hope from the HSG. And that one little piece could begin to restore my aching soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment